View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 AM   #495
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazroot View Post
Greetings Dave!

I didn't post the message regarding the Icon QCon Pro GS with any expectation that someone in the Reaper userbase would be able to assist me. That's why I didn't include specific issues.

I posted the message to alert fellow Reaper users to our disappointing experience with a product, it's manufacturer, and their support team.

When you spend $700 on a product that claims to have a specific feature set you expect it to work.

I'd hate to see other Reaper users lured into purchasing the unit and then going through what we have.

Good luck with your situation!

Best Regards,

chaz
Hi Chaz,

maybe some clarifictions first: all icon devices use the Mackie MCU protocol, with some additions for the ProX series. Therefore, with any DAW you "simply" need MCU support. That's way beyond perfect since each DAW interprets the protocol different and puts different commands on different buttons.
Anyway, with Reaper you have several options you can install to support MCU. One of them is DrivenByMoss4Reaper.
I have links on the download page to the documentation Wiki and my Youtube channel with installation tutorials. After you have installed the extension add a MCU device. The drop down list, which might have confused you, is only for quick presets. If your device misses in the list, simply dis-/enable the hardware options depending on the capabilities of your device.
If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Cheers!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote