View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #112
mawi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
I guess the thing here is that some suggestions are good, some are out of the remit of JSFX and others are a matter of personal preference.

For example, I don't think JSFX can remember window size but you can achieve this by saving ReEQ in an FX chain as you want it.

I kept the labelling of frequencies sparse because originally I had the info panel showing Hz present all the time, so it was easy to see. The mods by TVM79 made the info panel only visible when dragging a node so you can't now generally use the mouse to see frequencies. That's a side effect of doing it this way (which incidentally is the way Fabfilter does it).

I modelled the analyzer speed to be the same as DMGAudio's Equilibrium because I like it that way.

Invert phase would be handy.

No right or wrong here - maybe some of these things can find their way into a settings include file. I think I've seen some other JSFX use that technique for color settings.

I think at some point soon I'll consolidate some of the mods taking place back into the base version and get it onto Github.
Too bad that the window size is not saved and can only be saved as FX Chain. Is it maybe possible to add three JSFX window sizes (normal, large, huge) as an option and save them as default?

The Infopanel, which is always there and shows the mouse position, is a good idea and therefore a sparing labeling of the frequencies is okay. The tvm79 version doesn't have that, so I wrote this.

The speed of the analyzer is of course a matter of taste. I like to see exactly what I hear and that requires a fast analyzer. With slow analyzers, too many details get lost in percussive things like the hi-hat. The DMGAudio's Equilibrium Analyser is very good at fast setting, but also Voxengo Span. It would be nice if you added a "Fast" option.

I like your version best in terms of appearance, i.e. colors, and I like to work with it most. It would be nice if you could add the other useful features like the EQ charts from the tvm79 version and the analyzer offset option from the TBProAudio version. And of course the Phase Invert button.

Here is an example of what I mean by fast analyzer:

Last edited by mawi; 12-08-2018 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Fast Analyzer Example
mawi is offline   Reply With Quote