View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:36 AM   #12
Dafarkias
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Before I go further, there is a side note: if you're using a 0ms fade, you should set the transient marker mode to "No pre-echo reduction". This is a straight bug, I'll change it to be correct for the future.

Anyway, if you want correctly-accounted timestretch with 0ms fades: it seems like your options are Elastique 2.28 Efficient or Soloist, or Elastique 3 Soloist. RBL might also work (it was doing something that wasn't technically wrong, maybe just undesirable, here?). The other modes produce poor timing, and in these instances you should use a fade (0.1ms will do, even).
Cool!

I'll give those different settings a try! I never really messed around with them because I assumed that the 'pro' algorithms produce a higher quality stretch.

I did figure out about using the .1 as a workaround, which is why I never thought the 0ms issue was a huge deal...

A personal notion I've developed throughout my usage of REAPER is that I can typically get a cleaner sounding result from elastique's 2.28 (pro), with less obvious artifacts, vs its version 3 counterpart.

It would be awesome if there were to exist maybe a somewhat technical breakdown of how these different settings 'stretch' audio,or perhaps a guideline pertaining to their distinctions amongst each other, in some level of descriptive detail.

(Not trying to hyjack this thread,I just like SM's, as you can tell from my avatar.)

Signed,

Dafarkalarkle

Support my feature request!
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote