View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #35
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by azslow3 View Post
The project from Glennbo does not seems like different, except 2 questions I have mentions (and in respect to features I already convert... that is far from everything).

I do not mind to support whatever CWPs. But since I do not have older Sonars, users interested in "antic" compatibility will have to cooperate a bit (providing examples and making some specific projects). Everything is in your hands, dear users
1) does Sonar 5 support mono outputs from SoftSynth (for multi-outputs synth)?

Sonar 5 could do multi-output softsynths, but didn't handle mono correctly. Back then I had DFHS for drums, and it had both mono and stereo outs. Kick and Snare were mono, and everything else was stereo. Sonar 5 stoopidly put the kick and snare on a stereo out with kick on the left and snare on the right. I had to buy a third party VSTi adapter to make it work correctly.

That said, I'm not concerned at all with the conversion of any softsynths out of my old Sonar projects, because I don't even have most of them any longer, and any of the old softsynths I do have from back then have been replaced by newer versions, like in the case of DFHS which now I use Superior Drummer, even though I still have DFHS.

2) does Sonar 5 support audio stretching?

Seems like it might, but I never used any stretching of audio back then. All my recordings were straight midi drums, midi keyboards, guitars, basses, and vocals, just recorded as they were played.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote