View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #59
DuX
Human being with feelings

As more people report their experiences, we'll see how all the PC's behave differently... that's the only thing I'm afraid of. Read my previous post carefully.

Therefore, I'll make my "audio XP" ISO available as soon as I'm sure SP3 works reliably, so people can use the same system as I do [and install on my customers PC's], customised and optimised painstakingly over a few months for multimedia work. You'll be surprised how good XP can be. Except if you're running an antivirus in the background - that's an utter no-no. In the system tray, I only have my audio cards mixer icon and the network icon, nothing else. I have only 14 services enabled - 12 on automatic and 2 on manual-that's 49 services on "disabled" plus some of them I completely removed, so it works with over 50 services disabled. When the reasonably fast booting finishes, it consumes a bit less than 70MB of memory... it's a PorscheXP . Some people's XP's consume almost 400MB of memory right from the start...

On my system Firefox is working normally, rendering pages and responsiveness in general seems better. The OS in general is a bit more responsive, too. I should do some benchmarking maybe...

Cheers!

Last edited by DuX; 12-16-2007 at 09:24 AM.
DuX is offline   Reply With Quote