View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #72
fealow
Human being with feelings

Ah right, I see. I was thinking the vocal could do with a little more bite. And yeah I'll make sure the reverb stays where it is now if not a tinsy little bit further back.

I know what you mean about the client being a bugger haha. I reckon I could clear all the fx and reset the faders so its exactly the same as the original and he would still say he does not like it!

By the way, here is an example of a reference song I am using... I'm sure you will all LOVE IT! haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVDu7etQlc

This is the kind of sound the client would have been originally going for. The amount of sonic spacing achieved here using short reverb is far greater then anything I'm "allowed" to do with the mix though :/

Do you notice how there is always one instrument that jumps up in dynamics to meet the vocal from time to time? I feel thats not so much present in the clients song as he wont allow me to bring the parts that work like that up in the mix to meet the vocal when appropriate.

It's also what makes me think the vocal needs that touch of reverb under it as its present in the cupcake song as well.

Last edited by fealow; 03-06-2012 at 06:53 PM.
fealow is offline   Reply With Quote