View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 04:51 AM   #7
ayskura
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
Sure, but remember that if you purchased AATranslator 10 years ago you made one payment and you would be still getting updates but if you purchased Reaper 10 years ago then you would have paid several times over to continue getting updates.
We don't charge for updates - not many DAWs, including Reaper, can say the same.
It is always best to compare apples with apples ;-)

From my experience that's not quite accurate. Sure, it can work on some sessions and you can get some basic detail converted but it really doesn't take too much to make it crash and burn and as far as depth of detail converted, IMO it is a very long way off.
That is in no way a slight on the developers (who I know and respect) but it takes an enormous amount of resources to work with that format (which Avid quite happily change from version to version).

Very true but the same could be said for OMF, AAF and many other formats.

As far as feature requests go, IMO, it never hurts to ask.
So you are publicising your own product diverging my feature request, would have been kind of your to make it clear from the beginning. I find ardour to work way better for simple tasks than AA translator and I would gladly see the same implementation of ardour (which is open source) in Reaper.

I appreciate your offer of having unlimited updates etc but Reaper is very fairly priced while for a translator program it’s a way steep price as I am sure the number of hours in development and research aren’t even close to what Reaper programmer had to go through. Still your utility is very useful and I am sure there are lot of Hollywood billionaires who are happy to pay this amount to have their huge cinema project translated to whatever. But for the rest of us who need to work with few dozens audio tracks Ardour works marvellous and it would be amazing to have this feature integrated into Reaper
ayskura is offline   Reply With Quote