View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #8105
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I don't use the FXMenu approach anywhere and don't want to venture into writing Wiki pages for features I don't use. Maybe MalcolmG or Geoff can jump in there.

Maybe someone who uses it can clarify, but my belief, and I could be totally wrong about this, is that it works as such:

Pre-Condition: you use this with a multi-display surface. Something with like 8 scribble strips. You've already added the FX to your track.

1. You use SelectedTrackNavigator
2. You Select the track with the FX you want to control
3. You press a button on your surface assigned to open an FXMenu (like a "Plugin" button)
4. This will spill out the name of the FX in each slot on the scribble strips of the surface
5. You press some button to select which FX you want to edit (you need another button to go back home)
6. If there's a plugin.zon file, your plugin can be mapped out to the surface
7. You click your Home zone button to turn off the mapping

Is that it in a nutshell?
Yep, that's pretty much it It comes into it's own when used with a separate surface (like a Mackie C4) c/w Auto Map FX to Menu. That way whatever track you select has it's FX listed on the separate surface, you pick one and it's parameters map to the surface. A button on the surface returns you to the FX menu.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote