Thread: Melodyne ARA2
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 08:52 AM   #72
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraz View Post
I have a question about how Melodyne saves the changes it has made to an item.
I have 2 tracks, on one I have loaded Melodyne, the other one has no plugin loaded. If Itune an item on Track 1 and drag it to Track 2 and then back to Track 1, then melodyne reanalyses the item and the changes are gone.

This works instead if Track 2 also has loaded Melodyne. Then you can drag each tuned file between the two tracks..

Would it be possible somehow that Melodyne saves the changes somewhere, so when you drag that item back it will have the changes you made to it before?
You have correctly described the current situation. Every track or item that has ARA FX can be aware of every other track or item that has ARA FX. For example, if Melodyne is on tracks 1 and 2, you can edit items on either track and move them to the other track without losing data. If Melodyne is on the item itself, you can move the item anywhere without losing data.

Data is discarded when you move media to a non-ARA-aware context because otherwise, the amount of persistent data would grow out of control. You can work around this by using ARA as per-take FX (which isn't any more resource intensive than using it as track FX), or by keeping a muted copy of the item on an ARA-aware track.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote