View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #165
Quasar
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCipher View Post
... I *detest* the trend toward in app stuff (ads, purchases, content, etc). And not being able to offline or ensure activation.

DAWS are huge investments in time and energy to learn and get good at - so there's are "relationship" thingy here that for long term needs to have a little trust in it. Not being in control bothers me (call me controlling!)

But thats why I like REAPER. Rough around some of the edges yes, but very clear what it is in terms of value for the $ and awesome capability. I don't feel like I'm being data mined and targeted for apps or additional $$ at all times...
+1 to all of this. Companies and products that require that our workstations be connected to the global village via the internet, whether it be for the implementation of intrusive CP, recurring subscription payments or for marketing campaigns conducted in an attempt to pollute & monetize our DAW environment need to be boycotted and resisted.

It's, for instance, why I gave up on IKM's Amplitube (though their MODO Bass is awesome and doesn't have any marketing crap in the UI). You buy a couple of amps but the presets always serve to remind you that you should click and buy more. It drives me crazy. It's also why I have to give up continuing with Native Instruments. Their foul betrayal of their long-term customer base via the thoroughly odious Native Access software has utterly ruined what was once a great platform.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote