View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default Theme-ing; how change default size of only child tracks?

Last time I looked into the forum, there was a specific Theme Editing subforum. This subforum is gone now, and I'm not sure where to post my question. So I'm posting here, in lack of better knowledge. :P Moderators can move it, if needed.

I'd like to edit my rtconfig.txt file in such a way that only the size proportions for TCP child tracks are affected.

In my theme, a TCP child is indented. This means that a child track looks exactly like a regular track, except that every detail and control on the child track is displaced right, due to the indentation. This causes a child track to look malplaced in relation to the right hand side border of the track area.

I could move the right hand side border outwards, widening the column, and then child tracks fits this area snug as a bug, but the regular tracks kindof 'ends too early' and you see empty space on regular tracks between the rightmost control and the right hand side border.

Or I could move the right hand side border inwards (leftwards), narrowing the column and then I get the opposite problem to the above.

Is there some way to edit my theme, so that only child tracks automatically gets a slightly different layout than regular tracks? I'd like the child tracks to be slightly shorter, horizontally. And preferably without using custom layouts in rtconfig.txt
I have searched the theme-ing commands, but I can't seem to find commands referring to only child tracks.

thanks for any ideas and input
/C

Last edited by Colox; 02-18-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote