Funny S/N ratio in this thread.

You can have

1) Easy to deal with but not elaborate
2) Elaborate but expensive
3) Elaborate but difficult to maintain
4) Easy and expensive.
5) Cheap but sketchy.

I'm with GoDaddy because:

They're the defacto standard host now. They're expensive; but they're not going anywhere, the most important part.

If you use a cheap domain registrar, YMMV. "Trouble moving it" - where would I move it to? I could save $10 a year but then the next problem happens you're out of luck. If I was wealthy things would be different.

CHEAP HOSTING

The problem here is that you can't get in touch with the hosting company when something goes wrong. Will something go wrong? I don't know, do you?

CONTENT CREATION

I've relented to using a bog-stock GoDaddy template. Why? Because it was easy and fast.

There is zero reason for my guitar lessons business to spend money on something more elaborate. There is no return on the investment, I'm not selling my website, I'm selling my guitar lessons business.

HTML/WORDPRESS

Using HTML: that made sense until the past few years, when fancy front ends for companies like GoDaddy started happening. The era of "ooh, what does this website look like?" is over. Nobody cares, they just want your information.

If there wasn't an alternative to creating a decent looking page then it would make sense to bother with HTML. The problem is:

1) You'll not easily be able to make a modern looking site.
2) There is more to it than HTML: you'll have to deal with UNIX and managing a web server. A big pain.

I can say this with aplomb because until last week I did it myself. I kept going wayyyy past when I should have for various reasons. Don't do HTML, life is too short.

Wordpress, content management systems: all fraught with exploits and bugs. I have wasted too much of my life with them, I suggest anyone else not waste their life as well.