View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #182
insub
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacki View Post
Hi. Considering to jump into the boat, although I'm envisioning not to much success for myself. But that's not that important. My mix is almost finished and there's so much to learn and it's fun anyway Especially this LUFS and TruePeak thing. The insight how others do their mixes is invaluable!

Although not allowed in this contest I've found this TruePeak limiter. I've checked it with wav renders against REAPERs stock limiters and I think it's doing a good job for a freebe. My submission will meet the -14 LUFS but not the -0.5db TruePeak. But I'm pretty sure it's not that important and nobody will hear it because the mix is far from sufficient.

Thanks insub for this hint!
You're welcome! And, thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of that freebie. Limiter No6 has ISP limiting as well which is what I use sometimes outside of this competition. How do you think Maxwell Smart compares to LoudMaxx?

No worries about who wins. Doubt it will be me either, but this is all about the learning process. And, a great way to get some mentoring by more talented & knowledgeable folks which is something I don't have access to locally.
insub is offline   Reply With Quote