View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #145
Peevy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens View Post
well, what can I say?

Perhaps you use Rhino in a fairly limited way, so that you can indeed achieve similar results with Oatmeal, that's fair enough, however in your post you recommended not to buy Rhino but a different synth instead, because of this alleged close similarity.

Neither reasonable nor particularly fair* imho.

*not to Big Tick, not to the one seeking advice, not even to yourself (you might believe it after all)
I think bladerunner is trying to be helpful, probably realising that I'm not
really up for buying all three synths. Apart from his opinion of there being some sonic similarities between Oatmeal & Rhino, He's maybe also taking into account the fact that I have stated in previous posts my preference to the the UI of KarmaFX. I have used Rhino a bit more since then & have come up with some really good sounds & definitely agree that it is an amazing synth. But then I also think that of KarmaFX & Ace, & I still enjoy sculpting a patch more in, first KarmaFX & then Ace.

I know Ace is somewhat limited in comparison to some of the other synths I've tried lately but its the sound, its hard to make this synth sound bad . As for KarmaFX, it just instantly clicked with me, I didn't feel the need to read the manual I found the UI so comfortable. But you cant go by the UI alone, it also sounds amazing too.

In my opinion Ace, Rhino & KarmaFX are the best sub £100 synths out there. Believe me If I had the money I'd buy all three.