View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 04:20 AM   #5
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

Great! Finally a place for all the lovely little gems from Sai'ke.

I tested the Tone Stacks recently but for some reason they down level the volume really hard. Is that plugin meant to simulate the tone manipulation of their (Marshall, Fender) amps? (treble, presence, bass, mids etc?)

The nonlinear attack for Tight Compressor is very appreciated. But I struggle with the 50ms decay restriction. It was way better before to really push the release hard against the beat of a drum loop. And writing in those short times to get the effect back isn't really intuitive. I know that's useless in the case of less rhythmical material like basses, guitars or voices but it was part of its aggressive character which I really like. And short release times also offer great distortion effects. So ... (I know, I'm begging again!)

The MS20 cutoff slider would also benefit from nonlinear behavior because it has way to much way in the not so interesting range of high frequencies. While in Filther the 0.5 cutoff gets grip at about 800hz its way higher in MS20.

And of course many, many thanks for all these goodies. They are very useful, and they all seem kind of organic. You know I love them.

Greetings