View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 06:31 AM   #7
MaXyM
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyhellkiller View Post
None of this is helpful.Some of us have never done this before so please instruct how to do this step by step.Thx
VST plugins are nothing less than .ddl files which can be located anywhere, with condition, Reaper must know those location(s).

There are a few standardized locations, suggested years ago by software develoepers (ie Steinberg). But you have not guarantee that all nowadays devs are following those conventions.

Personally I do my best to install plugins into my own VST directory. It's located on different partition. When plugin is distributed without installer I can copy it manually into the location. If has installer allowing to select the location, I chose my location. If it installs plugin .ddl files into own directory, I move ddl itno my location or add vst location to reaper (only special cases).

As Slipstick said, there is no step by step instruction due to variability of possible cases. Better way is to understand what happens under the hood and adapt to it (or adapt the process to own needs)
MaXyM is offline   Reply With Quote