View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 01:46 AM   #102
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
If you drop a plugin on a track all selected tracks get it. Makes sense to me as "multiple things are selected" should = multiple targets by default, for just about any kind of UI action.
I haven't been able to do this in Reaper. I thought it did this but I'd never tried it. Anyway I did find actions to do this function, in ReaPack:

mpl_Insert focused FX to selected tracks, preserve parameters.lua
mpl_Insert focused FX to selected tracks.lua

Although I managed to make them fail quickly. I narrowed down the variables and realized it was due to using them with JS plugins, while using the option in the FX window "show JS plugin descriptions" (besides the JS plugin names themselves). I just reported it to MPL on his thread.

So if this feature is "standard in other DAWs", it does already exist for Reaper as an action (and doesn't require a person to create his/her own script); it currently has that one limitation I mentioned though, so hopefully that gets fixed just in case.

@grayter1: these scripts have existed in ReaPack since Jan 2017 (based on the dates listed for the scripts). I had found them in under a minute after reading your post. Although I was also able to make them fail in about as much time, based on my JS plugin option. Anyway now you have that option.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote