View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 04:02 AM   #70
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
are you saying that this "corner case" is something that will be left in there in the v6 release?
Yes, I maybe am. With deep regret. If you'd like to look back through the theme threads, you'll see where we discussed this, and there was no obvoius solution. It would be useful to a full screenshot to be able to see how this is affecting you, but the TL/DR is:
  • I cannot make changes based on the users' time diplay mode, because Reaper doesn't communicate that to the theme.
  • I have repeated user requests to make the selection text bigger, which I have actioned here.
  • I can do things to change the size of the text when space becomes small, but this is irksome if space hasn't actually become small, for users on the shorter time display modes, and anyway the amount of space I save is suprisingly and disapointingly small.
  • I have made a variable size rate fader, which can be very big. This can take up a lot of space. in previous builds, it ignored your setting and made itself smaller if there wasn't enough space for it to be big. Users really didn't like this because it felt broken and removed the opportunity to "have a big rate fader and squeeze other things out, I'mn fine with that" if they wanted.

Given the choice between a range of non-optimal outcomes, I chose the non-optimal outcome you are seeing. I'm not happy about it either!