View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #31
Megagoth1702
Human being with feelings

You know what pisses me off? Being so subjective... :-/ I really just feel like "I like" or "I dont like" or "I dont like so much"... Not very constructive.
So please do not take my word as serious as for example slop's or whoelse knows stuff around here.

Louie - sounds good. Too much bass for my taste. Love your intro, thought about doing the same in my v2 btw.

localhost - I like, sorry, nothing else to say.

Nafquo - the drums are too loud compared to the guitars, although you have a really nice overall-volume. The vox are a tad bit too loud for my taste. Same with the organ. Too dominant IMO.
The snare stuff you did sometimes, sounds neat. Nice sounding vocals! The effects at "the truth" are nice, "its a long first kiss" sounds weird, dont like it.

pc999 - the drums dont come through most of the time, the organ and guitars are too loud in my opinion. The vox are nice but too much reverb for my taste. It's too obvious.
I like how you played with the organ & guitars volume to make the whole thing more exicing! Louder, quieter, cool! Just the whole thing feels unfinished. Go give it some more love. Edit the drums a bit, look at my mix, I have a nice kickdrum solution there.

Alteregoxxx - Some artifacts at the beginning, check that.
Really warm mix, I like it. But maybe too warm and not crisp? Like the pannened guitars. Like what you did to the snare, it was a pain in the ass to get to sound good.

As said before, commenting on this project is really hard since we all have the same stuff. All I can do is say I like or I dont like.

FOR FUTURE SUBMISSIONS:
Use box.net, it's the easiest thing to use for us at the moment. The service is simple and easy to use, drag n drop. Also we can preview tracks without having to download them, that saves time.

To make commenting and sorting more simple, please name your files something like this:
"thisIsMySongMixdown_thisIsMyNickname.mp3" so we all know your nickname by just looking at the file. You can even have a version number at the beginning, so the sorting is perfect.
Like:
v1_fictionMeetsTheTruth_Megagoth1702.mp3

If its too geeky, leave it the way you do right now. If you dont mind, do it this way. Makes stuff easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlebianX View Post
It was a real aha-moment for me when I for the first time stopped thinking one tool had to do all the work.
Hold on, so what do you mean exactly? Could you go more into detail?
Thanks!

v2 of my mix, please update the list. I think this is final for now.
MP3 Mixdown
RPP Session File

Last edited by Megagoth1702; 11-15-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Megagoth1702 is offline   Reply With Quote