View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:47 PM   #229
barbaroja
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
What do you have in Preferences/Media/MIDI/MIDI octave name display offset?
I have 0. Correct note to start on pad 01 is note 36. RS5k Manager is taking C3 as pad 01 note. C3 is actually note 48 on push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Nope. (In MIDI Childs mode) click on pad send MIDI message to MIDI pattern track. MIDI pattern track sends MIDI to childs whatever anything selected or not.
Yes, works only if you stand on the main pattern track. If select any other track and hit a pad with the mouse, it only makes a sound if the pad corresponds to the track. Would be nice to find a way to make it send midi to its track even if it is not selected.

I was thinking this evening about how we could improve neatness. Well, pads could have tiny buttons like the FX one, like:

Solo its track
Mute its track
Toggle for visibility of the track in TCP. This!
Toggle for visibility of the track in Mixer
Button for selecting its linked track.
Right click contextual menu to copy, paste and save track FX chain.
A way to rename the track so it does not change its name when you load a sample. So you do not get like 2ba_kick-neh_343 (RS5K) as the name. Myself, I use a lof of auto color with SWS and track names. I did rename the track but it changed as soon as I changed the sample.

A button on the main screen so it takes you to the MIDI patterns track manually, so you can preview everything.
Button on the main screen to show/hide all of its child tracks in TCP and Mixer.
A global option to have RS5K manager to select the MIDI patterns track when you clic its gui.
A global option to keep tracks in order according to the chosen layout would be wonderful.

I also thought about the option to link existing tracks to it. Would enable old projects to use it, too.

Dang this is getting soooo useful!

Edit: Browser shows all of reapeaks, asd and other files. Could it ignore non audio items?
Edit: got this error when mouswheel in the pattern view. "...PL Scripts\FX specific\mpl_RS5k manager (background).lua:2030: attempt to index a nil value (field 'seq')"

Last edited by barbaroja; 05-24-2018 at 10:16 PM.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote