View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 12:50 AM   #247
Appalachik
Human being with feelings

Default Is the KK61 a good choice for Reaper?

I have spent 10 very frustrating days with a brand new and dreadful Arturia Keylab Mk2. This product and the manufacturer support are poor, at best. It is boxed up ready to return to Thomann.

Every time you hit A4, (no matter where it is even moving it about with the octave keys) there is a pause before any sound!!! It is unplayable garbage. And the arrogance of their support team has to be experienced to be believed. Additionally, rapid pressing of the A4 key will trigger a number of different, useless and random behaviours in Reaper, and in Studio One Professional.

I installed it several different ways (their support had no idea... seemed they were just guessing). I suspect it is a nice looking bit of hardware, with dreadful code and a piecemeal series of software components and drivers cobbled together to make it work somewhat.

I have just found out that my Presonus Faderport 2 works absolutely perfect in Reaper (MCU) so I really only need a keyboard for its keyboard... I had hoped the Arturia would at least provide nice control of the Analog Lab 4, but even that is a complete joke on my setups... even the search box fails to take input from my Macbook keyboard!!!

If there was a.nice keyboard (really good synth feel) rather than a weighty piano action - Arturia was okay in this respect at least... anyway, a decent keybed with 49 keys minimum, and a few drum pads would be a bonus... although I guess a separate device could handle that?

I think this might be my first question here... I have tended to find my own way around Reaper, and we now have our own dedicated Ninjam server and fully encrypted chat platform that work incredibly well for jams, sessions and lessons, so Reaper is The Way Forward in our pro environment as well as in the home studio.
Appalachik is offline   Reply With Quote