View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 08:27 AM   #2456
Stew
Human being with feelings

After a bit of time away, I'm back to getting this going with my controllers - a Push2 and an X-Touch.

The screen on the Push is really well-used and makes navigation pretty straightforward on the whole.

With the X-Touch/MCU, I find it a bit more challenging at times. This led to a couple of questions/ideas...
1) when moving between devices on a track, there's no 'readout' anywhere of which device you're working with, and I've taken to counting the number of left or right button presses.

Obviously, the parameters give a good clue (!) and opening the FX window helps, and putting it in an expanded (non-floating) setting means that it will shift between whatever FX is active on the track. But if the X-Touch display could momentarily show the FX name, it wouldn't be necessary.

2) What do F6 and F7 do? F1-F5 are available for Actions, F8 toggles device on/off, but I can't see the others in the manual.

And would it be possible to have Action slots for [modifier]+F[1-5] as well, to get more than 5 assignable buttons?

3) When I've used Klinke, there are options for selecting/moving loop points using [modifier]+scrub wheel. I wonder if that's a potential option here at some point?

[Incidentally, there's a really elegant little Max For Live device called Cartographer (https://patches.zone/max-for-live/cartographer), which "when the Follow feature is engaged, [ensures that] the Loop Brace will always follow the set’s playhead, meaning you’re ready to loop whatever you’re listening to at any given moment without breaking your flow." It's very useful. I was thinking about trying to bodge something similar for Reaper until I realised it must rely on continual monitoring of the playhead position, so rely on a script, rather than say custom actions. That's beyond my ability. Anyone know if there are any similar scripts out there for Reaper?]
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote