View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 08:02 AM   #5
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
I think this is dealing with the opposite issue, one midi track, multiple audio outs, which is a different kettle of fish.

The action suggested by jackmilas wouldn't work because these tracks have no audio output, just midi, so the only way of exporting audio FROM those items is to do it via the master, or by moving the midi parts onto the track that contains the VSTi (maybe not possible if using VSL, not sure?)

Here is a custom action I made using Cfillions excellent render presets script,

I used Cfillions script to make a render preset for exporting items via the master (source set to 'selected media items via master', bounds set to 'media items', directory set to your project directory and file name using the 'track' wildcard') then built a custom action around it for exporting multiple separate items (midi or audio) via the master with master fx disabled. You need make sure the master fader is at 0dB though, and it won't mute the original midi part (though you could probably set this up).

Here is a gif with the midi drum parts separated onto tracks, all being routed to one master VSTi channel containing the drum VSTi -

I've also set up custom actions for rendering specific items with FX to a new track next to the original, but keeping routing, panning, sends, color and name+prefix, plus the option to mute/hide the original midi track. If you want a look at those then let me know, they won't work on child midi tracks like in this situation, but work excellently on normal VSTi tracks that are actually hosting the instruments.
Attached Images
File Type: png render via master.png (14.2 KB, 450 views)
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote