View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #101
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
If you think anything that has been shown so far would be useful to anybody editing game media, you are sorely mistaken haha
And sorry, no, I haven't read that more good stuff is coming ?
As someone who now co-runs a media company (most doing games) and begrudgingly uses other video editors to create mock ups of games on a day to day basis I disagree.

Even the basic features here like text are extremely useful for explaining event names/implementation notes for callouts in unity/cryengine etc.

Every game or advert we do I like to send out a lot of example vids to the directors to get them onboard/ get "buy in" faster than waiting for implementation to happen first and these features really help here.

I recently had to sell a fantastic idea for a music game for kids that I had to recreate from scratch using alpha channel images of the game assets and animate them in premiere that would have been so much easier to do alongside the actual audio assets/music in Reaper and all we need is a few more standard effects and support for alpha channel detection usage and I'd be very happy.

I've also been editing music vids/corporate stuff on the side for a while too now and for all but the more intricate stuff like masking, colour grading etc. I'd sooner take a hit on lack of CUDA core support in reaper, lack of preview images on items, etc etc but have reaper's editing tools than deal with the top 3 editors as I find them frustrating. That's my main reason to be happy for this stuff. Edit basics in reaper and export for the intricate stuff in other NLEs.

You seem to be "on one" today. I'd advise getting of that high horse and spending some time with the common people for a while

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 01-08-2015 at 06:22 PM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote