View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #2725
MalcolmG
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Here's a shot at the syntax for Midi Widgets and their components (with example values), what do you think ?

I can't think of anything for the current set of capabilities that aren't supported by this. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Feedback Processors:

Code:
FB_Light              90 5e 7f 	 90 5e 00
Play button definition:

Code:
MidiWidget Play
    Press     90 5e 7f
    FB_Light  90 5e 7f   90 5e 00
MidiWidgetEnd
I'm thinking about the limitation on two message values for the FB_Light. I can think of two possible scenarios where I might want more:

- With the cycle action you explained the other day, I might have 3, 4 or more actions to cycle through. It would be good to be able to have the same number of messages that were cycled through as well, so that each of my cycle states has a different colour/brightness/flashing. eg, something like this:

Code:
MidiWidget Play
    Press     90 5e 7f
    FB_Light  90 5e 7f  90 5e 3c  90 5e 1b  90 5e 00
MidiWidgetEnd
- Thinking back to our earlier discussion about surfaces that support multiple colours/flashing/brightness/etc (and also mschnell's recent similar comments) , I wonder whether we need to support a range of values for FB_Light. So maybe syntax like:

Code:
MidiWidget Play
    Press     90 5e 7f
    FB_Light  90 5e 7f...90 5e 00
MidiWidgetEnd
Where this would indicate that the message can be any value in that range. Then in my axt/fxt I can decide for which value in that range I want to send in which circumstances. Seems to fit more cleanly with the mst defining surface capabilities and specific behaviour in the axt/fxt.

Obviously this second one might also solve the first one for cycle actions, so perhaps it's only the latter?

Thoughts?
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote