View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 06:11 PM   #2023
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
Wow! This is remarkable news to me! :-)
I was eyeing one of those C4's recently.

Very cool!
Now some questions:

-Can I use the custom mapping with 3rd party plugins in combination with the Softube C1 display software and C1 plugins interchangeably? (if so how would that work?)
-Would I be able to add commands to the C1 that don't already exist? (like adding a shift modifier with EQ to adjust something)
-Am I able to permanently map specific plugins to a specific controller, so that when a plugin is called up onscreen, the controller is ready to interact?
-Geoff - I think I saw a Youtube video of you clicking on tracks in a session and having sets of plugin windows automatically open with each track selection. What is that and how does that work? (is there a tutorial somewhere or description of whatever is going on there that I can reference?)
-I have a Console 1, Faderport 8, Faderport 1(original), and an X-Touch Mini. Would I be able to use all or a combination of those to control specific things on a single track? (one for fader/pan/automation, one for send levels, one for plugins etc)

I know it's a lot to go over, which is why I was hoping for a Wiki. lol :-)
Yeah, a Wiki will be nice when we decide what we're going to build

The software is still pre alpha

In answer to your questions, basically yes to all, except you can't yet run the C1 software and CSI concurrently, looking for a way...

The demo (now ancient) is CSI in action with 1420 tracks, in order to highlight performance with really large projects.

Glad to have you join the conversation !
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote