View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #21
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

i always thought sending folk drafts/updates was a good idea to show you've been working and to check on 'direction' etc. but the unfortunate fact is your regular non engineery type has little concept of 'draft' or unfinished, and it can scare people or put them off or have them worried about random things.

for example you may have spent forever fixing a 5 second section and sent a clip over and he moans about stuff at the end which you haven't sorted out yet.

so many times i've found people who were all with me and loving how we were going have turned into pita doubters due to a single rushed out clip version that wasn't the helpful progress indicator i hoped for! u then have to go into full explanation mode to ensure things go smoothly.

the overall mix may be thin compared to his full, since he e/g stuffed it through some mastering preset, whilst you didn't do any of that as its a mix in progress. 'full' doesn't tell anything about the constituent parts of the mix. comparing apples with oranges folk will find a difference.

either you do as mercado said and be his bitch (nah) or you ignore him and us mostly and just listen afresh on many systems.

tbh u get advice overload here which i doubt is actually helpful. ,i'd run away and back yourself.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote