View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #101
Peevy
Human being with feelings

Thanks for your very informative input strunkdts.

Ace is indeed...eh..ACE! I really loved just playing the patches alone, they sound really good. The way you connect modules with cables is a bit like KarmaFX & seems pretty straight forward. At 62 its a bargain. There is the CPU hit but as bladerunner says, easily remedied by bouncing to audio.

I'm downloading Cube now, I'll take it for a test drive later. Tassman is way out of my budget right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
earlier in this thread i gave a vote for alchemy but i must admit, after thinking about it i would say rhino is probably the best when considering features and value for money (alchemy is almost 3 times the price).
Yeah Rhino sounds great, has a lot of patches & lots of teak-ability potential. But I'm just not feeling the UI, I find it awkward & fiddly.
Believe me I've tried to get used to it. While I still love Alchemy, I had a lot of fun with KarmaFX the other night & today with Ace. So I'm thinking I could get both Ace & KarmaFX for less than what you'd pay for Alchemy.
I'm sure I could do a lot with these two synths alone.
Peevy is online now   Reply With Quote