View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 10:35 AM   #26
kirk1701
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
Waves are at it again. I just purchased the V Series (big Neve fan here).
If anyone wants to make a Waves purchase, I've updated my discount voucher in my first post.

Added here too.....
https://www.waves.com/r/yx1b27
V-Comp was the first Waves plugin I ever bought. I knew nothing about mixing. I didn't even know how much I didn't know. But I knew that was a fat effing compressor. It was so fat, I didn't know how to use it. It obliterated everything I put it on. Except the mixbuss. Put in on there and suddenly you have a record.

That's a bit hyperbolic, maybe it's more accurate if I say that it's a very familiar tone. I've just started to use it on drums and subgroups and it's working well. It's still really easy for me to crush something negatively. The Neve 2254 was meant as a buss compressor, so power and strength was part of the brief. It had to control a variety of different sources at once.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. I didn't end up buying the accompanying eqs, but I bet they'll all work well together. If you like classic rock, you'll love these sounds—thick and smooth.