View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #19
anthraxsnax
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8ch View Post
Hi,

I posted this in the general forum area, but I wanted to be sure you folks knew about this:

Kirk Hunter sample libraries are having a 50% off sale.

www.kirkhunterstudios.com/

I just bought the Concert Strings for $20 (yes, twenty dollars) and I got great bass, cello, viola...and a ton of great violins and many articulations!
They sound absolutely superb...and they only cost $20.00

It's the best $20 I've spent in a long tine.

Peace,

K8ch
I bout some stuff... downloading was an absolute nightmare, using them is also a pain (no library, manually browsing for kontakt patches)

Sound wise I kind of like it... kind of gritty... but layout, download, aND all other parts of the experience was a nightmare.

So if I had to rate these, I'd say:

Sound : 7/10

User experience : 2/10

Hard to feel like I got good value when I spent 6-7 hours downloading a few files at a time (or they would time out)

So I had to be present at the computer every few minutes to start the next batch... 3-4 downloads at a time for the ~200 I needed for the 3 libraries I got

Then manually extract the ~200 zips

Then manually go through tons of kontakt "instruments" that are in those folders looking for the actual instruments.. many of which don't have actual interfaces(or settings).

That said, I might have found a brass library that fits my sound, or atleast will blend with other libraries to help.
anthraxsnax is offline   Reply With Quote