View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #555
mpb2016
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
I completely agree.

I do not know what Cockos's own preferences and intentions are, but my hope is for REAPER's MIDI features - including the notation view - to be optimized for MIDI sequencing and creating VI mockups.

I suggest that, when considering how features should be implemented, the question should be "how will this best aid sequencing workflow?" and not "what is the standard, classical way of notation?".
Yes, I personally use the notation editor just to get an overview over the voicings & harmony and a fast way to do filmscore mockups (which mostly are written without keysignature or transposing instruments) the next level of usage would probably be normal songs which use chordcharts, keysignatures and then arrangements for bands and smaller orchestras with transposing instruments.

And these functions are more or less already implemented.

As a guitarist I rarely use notation for guitar but rather tabulature, but the problem with guitartabs is that the same note can be played in different positions on a guitar but only on one place on the midi roll plus I sometimes use different guitartunings and a capo and these things might cause a serious headache to solve, so im totally content without it.

Personally im happy if the bugs get sorted out with the notemapping post 5.20 & some sort of expressionmap/articulationswitcher is on the way in the future and if there are anything left with the notation that still needs fixing is fixed for now.

Last edited by mpb2016; 03-09-2016 at 10:25 AM.
mpb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote