View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #536
Commala
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
How can I color the notes by velocity or pitch or channel? I remember it was working in previous pres.

If the theme you're using is based on one of my mods, the selection bars after the notes are black because the notation editor takes the colours, logically, from the section of the midi note colour map used to colour selected notes.

In several themes including my mods, midi notes turn black when selected, which seems to work well in the midi editor, because the notes are also outlined in colour. But in the notation editor, this creates a problem.

My suggestion is for the notation editor to be given it's own colour map, that can override the standard colour map, and if the dedicated colour map is not present simply have the notation editor fall back to the regular one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcartwright View Post
37. Dedicated note colors for notation viewer (separate color map from piano roll)
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=255
This as opposed to having to change the midi note colour map in question to accommodate the notation editor, which I don't want to do because I like the filled-in black selected midi notes. For what it's worth, I've seen several other people who also like them, and it would be a shame to have to compromise the design established for the midi editor for the notation editor to be fully functional.
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote