View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #87
danfuerth
Human being with feelings

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Med ensamrätt.

C:\Users\Cajan>net start
Följande Windows-tjänster har startats:

From your list I focused only on the important ones that need to be dealt with :

***Please note all services must be "stopped" first then test your system, get results then come back to them and set them to "disabled" because if you do not set them to disabled on next reboot they start up again***

-ASUS Com Service ( Asus tool to manage Bios from within OS ! FKIN DISABLE THIS FOR GOD"S SAKE!!! There is a massive
memory leak with this service- reports from Asus users it's nasty 1.2 gig memory leakage. Disable it.

-ASUS HM Com Service ( ASUS monitoring system - Not needed.)

-ASUS System Control Service ( overclocking tools- SET TO DISABLE TO TEST SYSTEM)

-DHCP Client ( Disable this and setup a static IP for your computer instead, this will allow you to disable this)
If you are behind a router you can setup static ip for local network and even WIFI, all my systems have static IP's so I do not need to use DHCP service on my computers. Not important to disable but look into this....

-Distributed Link Tracking Client ( databases, Set this to disable )

-Encrypting File System (EFS)

-ESET Service ( Disable this while running your Daw, generaly Daw's should not be running Antivirus)

-Function Discovery Provider Host ( Disable this works the the next underneath

-Function Discovery Resource Publication ( Dangerous service to have on!! Disable it)

-HomeGroup Provider ( Disabled it. Used only for local workgroups or file sharing, USE FTP instead between each machine)

-IP Helper ( IPV6 to IPV4 tunning USELESS for a home user)

-MOTU_ZeroConf ( Must be on)

-NIHardwareService ( Must on only if you have NI hardware attached)

-NVIDIA Display Driver Service ( Disable it not needed, just gives you bells and whistles options)

-Print Spooler ( Disable this , Daw machines should not be running PRINTERS!!)

So please follow up on these.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote