View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 01:21 PM   #845
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

I felt bad for providing only such a shitty solution with the post-gain thing. I have added a basic ADSR envelope now. You can enable it with the toggle.

I have also exposed the loop points for envelope 1; but note that this is with a very dirty hack. Please let me know if any unexpected behaviors pop up (marked the sliders as experimental for now).

Quote:
- If I release the note while the playback head in the envelope is moving backwards, the playback head exits the envelope screen to the left, not to the right.
Whoops! Should be fixed now! It'll continue until the left bound, then bounces back one last time towards forward and exit on the right.

Quote:
I can live with that, but the next note-on I play (without using reaper playback) doesn't emit any sound. I can see the envelope playback line move to the right, but no sound. I play the note by clicking the virtual keyboard in the midi arrange view.
Despite the previous fix, I would still like to reproduce this issue on v0.15. Is it possible you could send me a minimal RPP that reproduces the behaviour so I can study it? For me, I could reproduce the bidi having the envelope exit on the left. But in my case, the next trigger would just trigger again. I suspect that a note may have gotten stuck on your end.

Quote:
Does that make sense? I think I can provide an animated gif if needed.
The bug report makes sense. But I'm having some trouble reproducing it.

Unfortunately, adding the ADSR added 4 more knobs. I'm wondering if I should put the knobs related to sample playback on a horizontal bar under the sample. It seems that the sample eats up a lot of screen space compared to all the rest, and maybe I should allocate some of that room for knobs.

Maybe something more akin to this (just quickly shuffling things around in paint; not sure what imgur did to the colors):

Then again, might get cluttered. What do you think?