View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 04:12 PM   #204
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Write Linux VST only. Problem solved.
Yeaaaah...

Fwiw, If I had to pick two, it'd be Windows and Linux since I use both those platforms, even though I know half of the music people are probably on Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Sold. Thanks for the explanation and everything else!

So VST3 didn't address much of these dev issues, huh? Oh well.
Not really, but middleware helps it get closer. I mean, there's JUCE and iPlug2 as middleware for instance. I think the former allows you to deploy onto all three platforms and abstracts a fair number of things. If I ever build something big like a synth, I would have to look into middleware for performance reasons. For creative monophonic effects, I'm ok with the current performance though. It's also nice that people can easily edit the plugins if they want to

I mean, it's a legit question and switching to VST has crossed my mind several times. But yeah, it really adds a lot of dead time. I need more hours in a day D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria
Also, so far looks like I'll def be using Amaranth in the future. Wanna let me fiddle with colors again?
Yeah, might be fun in the future, but I want to get the thing up and running first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis
One thing that i noticed is that when I'm changing the pitch, it also changes the speed-size of the sample. It would be nice,if there was another mode too, that would allow to change the pitch wihout changing the speed-size of the sample.
There is a little toggle next to ms now. It will make sure the number of grain samples taken scales with the number of samples for keeping the time constant when enabled.

I also added the first bit of envelope linking.