View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #72
Chromatic Fantasy
Human being with feelings

Thanks again for trying to help, solger, really appreciate it. At this point at least part of it is that I just want to know what could be causing this. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Which errors exactly?
See attached screenshot; 'Undefined external error' for every midi in- or output it can find, including the virtual one I made with loopMIDI. Perhaps what's causing these errors is also causing BCFview not to display anything?

Quote:
Otherwise try the following:

(1) Download loopMIDI from here: http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html
(2) Launch loopMIDI and create a new virtual MIDI port via the [+]-button

In Reaper - Control Surface -> Mackie Control
(3) Set MIDI-input [BCF 2000] and MIDI-output [loopMIDI port]

In MIDI Tools
(4) Options -> MIDI Devices: only enable loopMIDI port in the Input-Tab (disable all other inputs and outputs)
(5) Options -> Mackie Monitors -> 1: set MIDI input device to [loopMIDI port]
(6) Open the Monitor via View -> -> Mackie Monitors -> 1

Since I usually don't use the MIDI Tools Mackie Monitor, I can't remember exactly if you can also get the MIDI output back to the BCF working (so the faders, knobs, etc. on the BCF adjust automatically to changes in Reaper) ...
Tried this, Mackie Monitor doesn't display anything either. (And indeed, in this setup the BCF doesn't respond to changes in Reaper anymore.)

Quote:
One other thing you might want to check:

1) Power on the BCF while holding the second button in the top row and keep holding the button until [EG] shows up in the display (to enter Global Setup in Mackie Mode)
2) Turn the first push-encoder in the top row to select a different USB operating mode (U-1,..,U-4).
3) Press the [Exit] Button to confirm and leave the Global Setup

More info about the U-Modes (USB) and S-Modes (Standalone) can be found in the BCF manual.
I didn't know you could do this. The BCF was in U-3 mode, I changed it to U-1 since I'm not using the MIDI-ports anyway. Still functions the same: everything's working except the BCFview.

I wonder though, what exactly did you want me to test by doing this? I mean, the communication between the BCF and Reaper was already functioning properly, it's just the BCFview that isn't working. If the USB mode was wrong I'd say the functioning itself would be impaired?

I tried reinstalling the driver too, that didn't change anything either... could it perhaps be some sort of Windows setting? I'm pretty new to Windows 10 (and have never used 8), so perhaps there's something obvious I'm overlooking there? I feel since both BCFview and MIDItools are acting strangely there should be some underlying cause. I could be wrong of course.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (11.4 KB, 269 views)
Chromatic Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote