View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
V1b3zman
Human being with feelings

Default Some questions concerning live configs

Hi. I am looking to create a live config project but I have a couple questions. I have used Forte in the past and currently use bloxpander but I think I can get the best natural sound for my instrument using Reaper.
but I have a few questions I can't figure out.

1) Most of the MIDI patches I use are to create a layer under the audio output of my instrument which is a MIDI'D Acoustic Vibraphone with pickups for audio. I dont want that track muted most of the time. However there are a couple of patches where I will want it muted. Can I achieve this with live configs

2) I plan to use kontakt (3 instances loaded with 3 single sounds) I suppose I can switch these by switching tracks. However I intend to use several patches in Omnisphere and also Sampletank. In the past I switched these by remapping the midi of the track so that MIDI ch 1 in go to ch2 (or what ever channel I wanted.) Is this possible? I can't really tell with the tutorials I've seen online and in this forum.

3) Is it possible to switch configs by pressing a single key on the key pad of a Laptop. I would much prefer this to a pedal.

Thanks!
V1b3zman is offline   Reply With Quote