View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 06:07 AM   #2473
jamesd256
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Are you connected via USB or MIDI? I'm connected via USB using mode U-4. It is worth checking out page 25 of the BC Manager manual for advice on BCR setup. Pretty much everything I know about the BCR2000 came from that manual

Check the MIDI Devices Setup in Options/MIDI Devices. Only enable one MIDI In and One MIDI Out and disable MIDI Thru.

After you've solved the feedback problem and got BC Manager working correctly, it's a good idea to update the firmware. DL here: https://www.musictribe.com/Categorie...tive=Downloads
The BCR I'm using is a rescue job - doesn't work in USB mode. Has been working correctly in MIDI mode since I got it.

After attempting the syx dump as part of this exercise, I tried it via MIDI through 3 devices (Midisport 4x4, Roland UM-G1, and BCF2000), and it seems it's not working as before.

No midi activity lights on any of these interfaces now responds to knob turning, and BC Man doesn't detect the BCR any more at all.

I've tried factory reset (holding down button 1 during power up). I've also tried sending the syx for the 1.10 firmware via Midi-OX. The Midisport light flashes on in sync with the BCR input light, but the BCR doesn't go into sys-ex receive dance, and comes back on with 1.07, so the unit is receiving midi signals, but doesn't handle the syx as a firmware update.

Right now it seems it's toast
jamesd256 is offline   Reply With Quote