View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 06:22 AM   #11877
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
It won’t scroll if the track is already visible on the surface(s).
Right, ok so that is the way it's supposed to work then. I understand that not having your surface jump around is preferable but there are times when I would prefer that it does. I propose:

Firstly, I'm sorry if I'm just not thinking clearly but, do we need Forcescrolllink AND ToggleScrollLink? It seems perhaps redundant to me, especially since you can choose to have Scroll Link start on or off in your page edit window (thanks MixMonkey!) And subsequently toggle it on or off.

With that in mind, I'm thinking we should make the ForceScrollLink action behave as a one time "take the selected track and make it channel one" action.

Personal use case:

Say I have 8 guitar tracks (rock on!) And I've hidden everything else except for those 8 tracks, the guitar buss, stereo buss, and maybe some other buss as well. So I have 11 tracks visible in Reaper, and I actually want the 4th on channel 1 on my surface. I would like to be able to selected the track and Forcescrolllink and have the 4th track as channel one.

I have thought about this and I could also just TrackUniqueSelect and bank by 1 until I get there. Which is totally fine with me, but I felt like the scroll link discussion was still worth having since it does seem redundant and the new functionality would potentially save me a few button presses every now and again
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote