View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 12:27 PM   #11827
paat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Ok, yea, I see where you're going now. We don't want to lose color functionality though. So maybe the syntax needs to change to something like:

Code:
RotaryPushB1 FXParam 999 { 0 75 255 0 75 255 (23) }
Where the 0 75 25 0 75 255 message represents the color value for on/off states, and the optional number in parenthesis represents the animation value. In this case, 23=off.
You don't need to lose the color state. In fact you can use color and animation together. I wonder if there needs to be new syntax for MFT? I don't think the RGB syntax is helpful for MFT at all - unless somehow CSI can translate a sensible RGB value into 0-127 (keeping in mind that 0 and 127 are special values that mean "reset to MF Utility-configured on/off color"). The current "one value needs to be 0, another 255, and the third something different entirely" approach doesn't reconcile with the 0-127 that the documentation shows.

Just throwing something out here, hopefully it makes sense:

Code:
RotaryPushB1 FXParam 999 { MFT_COLOR(10) MFT_COLOR(20) } { MFT_ANIMATE(0) MFT_ANIMATE(17) }
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
...now, lets say I turned a light off? How do we get the light back on after we turned it off without adding a "light on" message to every line of every .zon file? Do we have CSI send "light on" messages by deafult so we don't have to program that in? I don't want to have to add them to the .zon files for every widget but the Twister won't turn that light back on until told to.
I think I see what you're saying... within a zone, yes, I think you would need to tell it when to turn back on - just like how you told it to turn off.

Maybe each zone has a default setting (something I asked about) so when you switch to them, it gets set up how you want? Personally I would love to control the lights entirely with CSI, and ignore the MFT's configuration entirely. So now the MFT configuration is really only about the messages it sends, not the lights. I would like to be able to initialize the lights when switching to a zone, so I could have different colors depending on whether I'm using an instrument, a dynamics processor, a time effect, etc. Something like:

(I'm just making up syntax to get the point across)

Code:
Widget Button1
  Press b1 00 7f b1 00 00
  FB_MFT_RGB b1 00 7f
WidgetEnd

Zone Home
  IncludedZones
    "Lights"
  IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Lights"
  MFT_ANIMATE Button(ALL) 17 // turn off all lights
  MFT_COLOR Button1 64 // turn button 1 yellow (still off though)
  MFT_ANIMATE Button1 47 // max brightness
ZoneEnd
So if you wanted to set all lights to yellow, max brightness, it's something like:

Code:
Zone "Lights"
  MFT_ANIMATE Button(ALL) 64 //max brightness
  MFT_COLOR Button(ALL) 64 // yellow
ZoneEnd
Then your actions change color and animation as desired.

Last edited by paat; 11-27-2020 at 12:35 PM.
paat is offline   Reply With Quote