View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:41 AM   #80
Doc Brown
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Edit: I never noticed the damn context information at the bottom of the panel! Ha ha....what a a maroon.
Edit2: Not so much a maroon...Reaper's fx window doesn't show the full panel unless it is resized.
Edit3: I also never noticed that double-clicking a parameter name brings up a popup menu....back to somewhat a maroon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
I'm betting that has alot to do with the interface and actually using it. Back when I had more interest in synthesis and was learning the basics, I remember being thoroughly confused SQ8L. Also, the patches have a certain 80's aesthetic that might not be to so many peoples' taste.

A snippet from the readme.txt

To be fair the interface is a little confusing if you're used to a typical subtractive layout but once you get used to using the various sections it's fairly straightforward. Siegfried Kullmann wanted this emulation to be spot on to the Ensoniq including the interface which is good and bad if you ask me.

The most important thing for me is the raw sound and if I like the sound of the filter. This emulation is a big thumbs up for me in the sound department. I wish he would of released the paid, more feature rich big brother of this but I guess it's not to be.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote