View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #10187
RobinGShore
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
This doesn’t work with the artist transport.
As long as your artist transport is in working order this should definitely work. The eucon controllers don't communicate directly with CSI/Reaper, they send/recieve data to the Eucontrol software on your computer, which acts as a go-between from the hardware to CSI/Reaper. So if other aspects of eucon are working with CSI, but your transport wheel isn't, it would indicate that the problem is with how you have the wheel set up in eucontrol, and not a problem with CSI.

Just to be sure you have it set up correctly, have you done all of the following:

1) Set up a Custom wheel command in Eucontrol for the function you'd like the wheel to perform. You do this by opening the Eucontrol software and clicking the Softkey button along the top. Once on the softkey page in Eucontrol you need to select Transport Wheel in the section drop down menu, then double click somewhere on the image of the wheel. This will open the Jog wheel command editor where you can define custom wheel as shown in the images in my last post

2) Assign your custom wheel command to one of the buttons on the transport. You do this from within Eucontrol also. On the Softkey page again, change the section dropdown to "Transport Softkeys" and double click on the picture of one of the buttons to open up the command editor for that button. Once in the command editor set the dropdown menu in the top left to wheel and select "Transport Wheel" is selected in the wheel dropdown on the right side of the window. Then select the custom wheel command you created in the previous step in the function dropdown. It should like something like this:

3)Press the button you just customized the on the transport. It should light up indicating that the wheel command is engaged and the wheel is ready to be used.

If you wanted to you could even set up the wheel on your transport to work without CSI or any controls surface extension added to Reaper. You can set the wheel to trigger generic keystrokes instead of specific actions and it will work fine with just a stock Reaper configuration. I used to have an artist transport myself and had some functions set up this way.

Again if you haven't already, I would really recommend watching this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=LIY3jEkTjkM
It's very easy to follow along, and shows in clear detail how to set up jog wheels in eucon to work with an software you'd like. The video demonstrates using the jog wheel on an artist control, but its the same process for the Transport (or the Dock for that matter)
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote