View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #19
shosty
Human being with feelings

I've noticed that there is something not right with the midi editor and inline editing. If I have a project with quite a few Reaverbs or LSP Impulse Reverb using impulses for stuff like reverb then the playback is massively affected by opening a midi item or inline editing. I get stutters and slowed down playback when midi editing is enabled.

There is a particular some I am working on and it's nearly impossible to edit midi, even without the song playing when I open the editor my mouse goes slow and audio goes really slow. Now, this song is quite heavy with plugins and tracks but the performance meter only shows about 49% cpu use. I'm running jack at 1024 so certainly not pushing it.

The strange thing is that when you have the editor open and it is stuttering as soon as you close it the playback is fine, instantly. I would say it's like the midi editor is very cpu intensive but Reaper isn't using huge amounts of CPU when this happens.

The only thing I can pin it down to is using impulses. I noticed that in the LSP plugin if I change the FFT Frame to a high number across all instances it helps. Same thing with Reaverb.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote