View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #85
jbone1313
Human being with feelings

Hey whatsup, thanks for looking into this and for your contribution. I tested out your plugin, and in my case it doesn't seem to delay the "capturing" of the notes; it only delays the time the instrument receives the notes.

Without some complex routing, I don't see how this will help the notes get "captured" or "recorded" any later.

On another note, I tried cranking up my sound card's (RME FF 400) latency up to 1024. That seems to help quite a bit. But unfortunately, that introduces other timing problems due the high latency I hear in my monitoring.

Its weird to me that changing my latency settings on my sound card would affect how REAPER captures/records the notes. I think someone else noticed that earlier.

I think (earlier in the thread) we've found that at lower latencies, the notes are recorded earlier than expected.

So we have:

Higher latency settings = notes captured/recorded later (or perhaps accurately) than with lower latency.
Lower latency settings = notes captured/recorded earlier than expected.

Again, generally, I would think REAPER should capture the notes exactly as they are played--irrespective of sound card latency.

Again, its no solution to crank up your latency, because its quite difficult to play accurately with such latency.

I'm all confused again.
jbone1313 is offline   Reply With Quote