View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 02:22 PM   #194
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzibrat View Post
I've come here from the reaperblog video, combining realearn, faderbox and smartknobs to create a pretty awesome enviroment for work, however, I can't seem to get the MIDI feedback to work.

I first tried with my CODE61 keyboard and it didn't work (I figured that maybe cause of the keyboard). Now I've upgraded to Novation SL61 MKIII which has led screens and all for endless rotary encoders, but the same thing happens again. The plugin parameters jump when I change the plugin and touch an encoder. I can't seem to find a possible error on my side anymore. Midi outputs in the preferences, on the track, in reaLearn and still, it doesn't seem to work. I've also searched through soo many posts, and nobody seems to have this problem. Can anyone think of any other possible errors I might be making, or is anyone willing to help me with this. Will be much appreciated.
Hey there,

I am the one responsible for your troubles

I am really trying to research your issue, from what I remember you have it set up correctly. The thing I am unsure of is if the SL (looks great by the way) can even receive midi and put that info on the led screens. I dont know if I mentioned this, but I have a nice Akai Advance 49 that also has knobs with a screen, I assumed I could get it to work but I honestly haven't been able to. I don't know enough about all the hardware involved but an educated guess would be the companies that make these keyboards are only considering having to deal with midi going out from the keyboard or midi possibly going straight through. That doesn't necessarily mean the SL won't work, but it's still possible that it's the keyboard. It looks like they thought of everything, so maybe there is hope.

Try and ditch realearn for the moment, and use the feedback portion of lb0's faderbox and see where that gets you. When you use that, you have to have a hardware midi out send on the track as well.

(You could totally ditch realearn like I said but then you would have to remap your controller to faderbox using native midi learn, or you could potentially just turn off the feedback from realearn , we are getting into uncharted territories here )
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote