View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
fealow
Human being with feelings

Default I don't understand some people...

I've just spent the last two days on a mix that I said I would do for free out of the goodness of my heart and the job interested me anyway.

Just sent the guy/girl a draft of the instrumental and this is what they tells me

"Perhaps there is clarity, but I guess I'm just not hearing the improvement... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't see how this is better. I do not like the added snares now that I've heard the whole thing, and I don't like the way they sound. The bass is too quiet (especially the instrument at :39), I don't like how prominent the harp and choir are, and I don't like how far the instruments are panned. I don't like the echo, nor do I see the point of it. I'm not sure why, but sometimes it sounds like it was recorded through a tube. Maybe with vocals it'll sound better?

I do like the bass kick though, although it could be a little bassier. This could just be for posterity sake, but I prefer the original

Not sure what to say other than that :/"

I could not believe it, I don't claim to be the best sound engineer in the world, but I know my mix was better than the original. I would even be happy to let you compare the two.

Anyways, how does one deal with these kinds of people might I ask? -_-
fealow is offline   Reply With Quote