View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 12:14 AM   #1
buenavista
Human being with feelings

Default Hey Midi Fanatics!--please help--notes cutting off after quantize or manual move

Example:

Lay down a piano part using hardware midi keyboard through vsti. Everything plays back fine, but there are some mistakes I want to correct. Try to correct mistakes by using quantize action in midi editor. Or try to correct mistakes by simply moving notes manually in midi editor. Result either way: seemingly random notes have a drastic change in volume envelope. Usually brief attack then the note cuts off entirely with no sustain. Basically sounds like a muted note.

Tried different vsti: waves electric 200, ik modo bass, and reaper reasynth. Makes no difference.

Instrument sounds fine until notes get moved, then it all goes to shit. This seems like a problem with the program to me. But I did a big search on the reaper forum and not much came up which makes me hopeful like perhaps I have a setting that's not right.

If you're a midi wizard and you get a chance, please try to duplicate this, or tell me the obvious thing I'm probably missing. Much appreciated!

I'm running 5.981 but it happens in my older version as well.
buenavista is offline   Reply With Quote