View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #67
Mahzin
Human being with feelings

Ok, my turn:
ID 1 - Full mix in sonority, elevated sound with cymbals sounding at the correct level mainly, pleasant vocals, but when the chorus appears one of the guitars are suffocated, I dislike that, snare ok, good mix;

ID 2 - The first thing I thought was about the guitar that shines more, it's a little exaggerated, great kick level, amazing cymbal level and piano a little high. Scream part not in the correct tempo, after the scream part I like the vocals, the part the guy sings calmly is very quiet;

ID 3 - The same for the first critique about the guitar shinning so much, but more attenuated (dark sound) and I perceived more strings, buried guitars but it's the style of the mixing and I like the level of the piano, out about the tempo in the scream part, after this part very good!!!;

ID 4 - Wow! I love this mix, guitars very pleasant, great vocals, great kick, all very balanced and fit the genre in my opinion, but I didn't noticed the piano in the chorus part, I dislike it, 1:14 - 1:21 wow again, the vocals and reverb dancing in harmony, this mix rules.

My mix - I consider I did a decent job, but cymbals was a little exaggerated, vocals a little distorted and some parts I would turn up the vocals if I did again the mix, piano I think it's really a little exaggerated, but a little, I could put more pressure about the side guitars it was a fault, but I consider I did a good job, about the snare I like this sound, for me it has impact so it's more proeminent being possible to clearly listen to the snare, I really think there are great mixes and not great mixes (NOT about the contest), but also there are styles, sometimes a person mixes more outside, more inside, just my opinion. I would do the most part again if I had to mix again, but changing the errors sure.;

ID 6 - A mix with space, I believe was used tape? I like it, after the first words the guitars are amazing, chorus amazing, scream part is the best scream part I heard, the piano in the part after the scream is amazing, the part the guy sings "I still believe..." is quiet, after I like again the piano, but the vocal sounds a bit distorted, harsh, detail, I like the mix;

ID 7 - Interesting the piano sound, but too much, the guitar and the rest ok, a little exaggerated in reverb, but it can be a different way to mix, not necessarily bad, the kick is good, the darkest mix, I believe it needed more space in sonority, more FX (I include tape in FX), but not bad, just not my style, out of tempo about the scream part, great level about piano after the scream part and great level for the vocals, great part the quietest part.

It's just my opinion, detail, all the mixes, ALL, have interesting parts and all of us are great mixing, my opinion, if I didn't say "I like" about your mix, doesn't mean it's bad, and I really believe in styles while mixing, like mastering has too.

Cheers and thanks for the opportunity to be part of this contest with so much good people mixing.

Ah! Congrats to the winner!

Last edited by Mahzin; 04-03-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Mahzin is offline   Reply With Quote