View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
ruprecht
Human being with feelings

Default In Place MIDI editing please!!!

REAPER is excellent b/c it is simple and "lightweight." Please don't bog it down with a bunch of editor windows. Let me edit everything right in the main project window. It's simpler, more intuitive and more musical. I want to see my MIDI along side my audio when I'm editing it. I want to know exactly where I am in the timeline of the song without having to check the midi editor timeline and compare it to the project window timeline, etc, etc.

Here's my dream: Just take the midi editor you're working on and slap that baby right into the midi track and keep improving it there. Just have the midi grid with the velocity bars underneath right in the track. I'll just zoom in when I need to edit something. Put all the advanced functions in a right click context menu. Please don't make me open up some editor that has it's own transport and is confusing timewise and removes me from the rest of the song to go work on my MIDI in some quiet corner of the room. I want to do it right in the track.

I love how you're making the actual midi editing easy - just click to add an event click to remove. This is great and is in keeping with the awesomeness of REAPER. Just let me do it right in the track.

Last edited by ruprecht; 08-05-2006 at 09:43 AM.
ruprecht is offline   Reply With Quote