View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #128
The Telenator
Banned

$399.00 USD. Fishman TriplePlay Wireless MIDI Pickup

Yup, just found out tonight that all the major online retailers will have it for $399 starting right now. Of course, it could go on sale, but don't hold your breath.

I am extremely disappointed at this ridiculous price. The parts for this cost something less than $10 to $20. This is not high tech, really -- a hex pickup (nothing new, been around since 1982 or so), a very simple chip, three knobs, pots, and a transmitter and receiver. A flash stick basically on the PC end. BFD.

Fishman knows it's a hot topic item. They read all the drooling threads here and elsewhere. They are MILKING this for all it's worth. Again, no truly new technology here. Think about it. They can shove this piece of rubbish I'm supposed to muck up my guitar with putty, tape, glue or whatever they think I'm going to use on my vintage guitars. I would have done $200, maybe considered $300, but THIS is highway robbery.

You people who sell your audio crap need to STOP ripping off the artists that support your ridiculous salaries. How I hate the music merchandising industry. Thieves.
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote